logotipo de la empresa Office Depot
Office Depot
3.5 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Office Depot

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 13,312 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Trabajo bajo presion constantemente.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Buenos beneficios laborales, pero sin incentivos..

Pros

Seguro Privado

Contras

Carga de trabajo no acorde al puesto y sin remuneracion.

Good place

When I was working there it was a good place to be but some times the machines would break and we would all have to wait until they were fixed to get an idea of when we would be leaving

Was not for me anymore

Worked there many years and all good.Outside Sales position Then things started to change, massive layoffs, alway changing direction, commission pay cuts and support staff cut the bone, drivers laid off too.Not a good long term industry to be in

Pros

Benefits are good

Pay cut
Cultura laboral

They don't care about you.

Management will outright lie to you during the hiring process. You can apply for and be qualified for a position, they'll promise you that position, then they'll stick you somewhere else instead with empty promises of moving you to the job you actually wanted "eventually." I had to fight for almost three years to be moved from cashier to the print center, while someone else who had applied for tech services was moved to print instead despite having no experience. You'll get written up for calling in sick and scolded for not working hard enough but the guy who's been there for 10 years can show up late and constantly slack off with no repercussions. The customer is always right even if they're going against company policy and verbally abusing you. You will go multiple shifts without getting a lunch break. You will get minimal training, if any, and no help from supervisors if you don't understand something. If you feel unwell on the job, you're expected to keep working without so much as a chance to sit down. It's not a healthy place to work by any means.

Pros

It's a paycheck.

Contras

Poor management, no advancement opportunities, clear favoritism, unrealistic expectations, poor training, unhealthy work environment

Advancement within management

I wished to climb the ladder in management while working for the company. The opportunity for advancement was a subject that was not taken seriously by my department managers. I went above to the assistant store managers to find out what more I could do as far as management in training was concerned. I still did not get job advancement training or promotion levels to further succeed within the corporate structure.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Cultura laboral

I worked with an amazing set of people...Never not a positive experience to go to work and learn

I have never worked with people who truly cared in the corporate world until I worked at Office Depot...Each of the department managers were helpful and knowledgeable in all aspects of the business...Best General Manager ive ever had...Always positive and encouraging.

Pros

Amazing people

Partime

Poor Management

Very poor management of 2021. They make you work and they relax in the office. Kent distribution center is the worst place to work. Managers don't care about the employees. 12 hour days .

Pros

Nothing good about this place

Poor management

Good team..bad management

Co-workers throughout the organization are helpful and supportive. However, the glut of middle managers with nothing productive to do besides "manage" the employees is overbearing.

Pros

Great team atmosphere

Bored middle managers
Cultura laboral

Always felt part of the team. Friendly employees and helpful management. Pay was fair with the ability to move up. I would highly recommend this company due to a great company culture.

Pros

Training

N/a

Roller Coaster

Great culture. Great people. C-Suite out of touch. Want more sales with reduced inventory. Constant realignment of accounts so hard to establish consistent customer relationships.

Pros

Work-Life Balance

Inconsistent Strategies
Cultura laboral

A job to get thru college

A flexible schedule was the main benefit of this job. The pay was decent for the job and coworkers were supportive. Definitely not a long term career option, but a good temporary job.

Very toxic environment

It used to be a good company. But then guano hit the fan and became very toxic. Employees that get hired don't want to work. They show up late. Don't want to work.

Cashier

Alright job just boring. The managers were nice. But its Like they had to go out their way to find something for me to do. There are a lot of entitled customers.

Ambiente de trabajo.

Excelente ambiente de trabajo y te capacitan en varias áreas

Pros

Ambiente de trabajo

Horario
Cultura laboral

Es un empleo sometido mucha presión y estrés!!

Es cansado, muy agotador y siempre tienen escaces de personal y lo último genera más carga de trabajo.

Pros

Descuentos en los servicios personalizados!!

Contras

Te exigen llegar 15 minutos antes, pero jamás sales a tu hora, siempre te hacen quedarte 1 ó dos horas mas y esas horas no son pagados ni retribuidas.

Poor upper level management

If you are lucky to get a good management team that supports you at the store level, its almost okay to work here. Otherwise its a nightmare. They rarely paid above minimum wage, and are consistently surprised that associates leave almost a week into their schedules because they are expected to do jobs well above what they are paid to do. Expecting a single associate to be trained in every department of the store is ridiculous; it takes almost 2 weeks to partially train someone in the copy and print department. Do not stay here long, OD will not last long with their current business practices.

Terrible

Our AC was broken in florida and it was always hot in the store. No one would fix it and it would get over 90 degrees in there some days. There was really no one there to work hours and often we'd have to do two or three roles because there was only 2 or 3 of us on staff. Me and the person at print center were always trading off being at the register or running to the back to get stock. We never ever went on breaks. We couldn't afford someone being off the clock otherwise we'd come back to more work than ever.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Everything else
Cultura laboral

No reward for loyalty and dedication

This company cares about nothing but money. People are only collateral. It doesn't matter what you do. I worked more than once 30 days plus with no days off. Open to close. 75 plus hours per week and after 13 years they decided that someone younger and cheaper was a better alternative. No one in the entire organization could even be bothered to thank me for my years of blood, sweat and tears. Working through illness, injury and giving everything I had to the point of almost losing my marriage due to never being home and when I was I was dead tired and useless to my family. No good bye, good luck or good riddance. No wonder they continue to flounder and fail. The goal is to close all the brick and mortar and the sooner the better.

Contras

Work life balance, appreciation, compensation

Store closed.

Company eliminated most full time positions except management. So all the long timers who had an investment in the job got kicked to the curb. Lost the people who cared about what they were doing. Most (not all) part timers were there to collect a paycheck and do as little as possible to earn it. Not encouraging for advancement, high turnover.Company very focused on customer engagement but near impossible when payroll only allows for 3 associates in building including managers.Much improvement in recent years in streamlining and eliminating task work but more needed.No overtime allowed but sometimes impossible to avoid.Associates expected to learn all areas of store but no time/payroll allocated for proper training.Worked with some really good people.

low pay--typical retail
Cultura laboral

With good coworkers, it’s okay

I was in a sales position for a little less than a year. The coworkers I had were really friendly and nice; management was almost always difficult to navigate and would do performance reviews without setting any sort of goals beforehand, so you would have no way of knowing if you were meeting said goals. The customers were downright disrespectful, and often times, I would leave work feeling less than excited to go back simply because I didn’t want to be yelled at during back-to-school season for our location running out of $1 filler paper packs. That is, a lot of the verbal complaints made by customers were tied to things out of my control, and management would occasionally intervene, but not always. The pay was pretty good, but some weeks I was asked to work several hours, and other weeks, I was given zero hours (I was part-time). Overall, if you’re looking for decent pay and coworker collaboration, it’s a good place to work, but it comes with drawbacks, like bad management, consistently rude customers, and a high-stress environment.

Pros

Coworkers were friendly; decent pay for little experience

Contras

Poor management; high-stress environment; poor training.

No room for growth.

No room for growth in the company. You will stay in the role you were hired in no matter how much effort and time you put into the job. Even though you will stay in the same position you will be asked to do extra work, sometimes other people’s work but the pay will never increase. Also they have no janitors so be prepared to clean the toilets and mop the bathrooms.

Pros

Flexible scheduling.

Contras

Short breaks, no possibility for growth, 0.25 cent raises yearly, poor pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Office Depot. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general